Tuesday 26 August 2014

World’s Tallest Man Leonid Stadnyk From Ukrain, Dies Aged 44

Leonid Stadnyk, believed to be the world’s tallest man
at 8ft 4 inches has died. He was just 44. The peasant
farmer from the Ukrainian village of Podoliantsy, died
on Sunday August 24th from a brain haemorrhage after
health problems.
In his last interview, Leonid, He talked about how his
height was a curse, why he refused to be measured by
the Guinness Book of World Records and also why he
refused to get married
“To me, my height is a curse, a punishment from God,
not something to celebrate. What sin I have
committed, I do not know. All my life I have dreamed
of being just like everyone else. I don’t want or need
the fame that this would bring so I have no desire to
be in this Guinness book.
“I never got married because I don’t want to inflict
my problems on a wife. I think it would not be fair
on her” he said.
At one point, his condition, called giganticism, left him
growing at the rate of roughly a foot every 3 years. His
feet measured 18 inches in length while his palms were
more than a foot in diameter

No comments:

Post a Comment